Sunday, August 1, 2010

Random Happenings via iPhone Photos

In lieu of a long blog post, which I have some ideas in the works, here are some pictures from around the city taken on my iPhone:

Want to know when it's going to rain? Just ask me when I will be walking home from Trader Joe's at Union Square (1 mile), carrying groceries and it will be sure to rain on my way home. Do I own an umbrella? Nope, luckily Lindsay felt sorry for me and gave me one!

Taken while I was hiding under an overhang. Found out that my iPhone 3G now has zoom at the same time! Also found out that paper bags + downpours = bags falling apart

NYC fashion: People apparently liked my Spanish fashion report. Well for girls in NYC it's high waisted skirts, cut-off jean shorts or long "boyfriend" shorts with shirts tucked in. Maybe a belt and a long necklace. I don't own a full-length mirror so I tried to see what I looked like: Here's my attempt at belonging with a high-waisted skirt :)

Next investment: full-length mirror when I have a more permanent situation

I was walking around Gramercy and saw this sign. The top part was a little shiny, but it says free slice with a shot. The more you buy to drink the more pizza you get for free. Too bad my friends said it is the worst pizza ever!

This sign could also say: all day everyday: get wasted, eat crappy pizza and use free wifi to send drunk emails

I decided to read outside yesterday since it was finally not deathly hot. Washington Square Park is a 5 minute walk from me and there are always some interesting characters. I was scared for this man's safety!

"You have one on your shoulder" - old lady to the man; pretty sure he's got more problems than "one"


Less than one month until I leave for PERU! Can't hardly wait to get out of this crazy heat and concrete jungle!










1 comment:

  1. a) this isn't CO, you NEEDED an umbrella

    b) sky rats scare the crap out of me

    c) if pizza pub was any good, I would be 400 lbs.

    ReplyDelete