Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Goal: The New Seven Wonders

An unlikely member of the list: Rome, 2007 with my mom!

By chance and luck, I have found that after I visit Machu Picchu in November, I will have visited over half of the "New 7 Wonders of the World". On the list are the following places:
  1. Machu Picchu, Peru
  2. Petra, Jordan
  3. Taj Mahal, India
  4. Great Wall of China
  5. Colosseum, Italy
  6. Chichen Itza, Mexico
  7. Christ the Redeemer, Brazil
If you are asking yourself where are the Great Pyramids? Well I am too confused why the colosseum is on there and not the pyramids. So I am adding them to my own personal list of things I'd like to see!

Petra, Jordan aka The Valley of the Crescent Moon in Indian Jones


The ones I have seen so far have been pretty incredible. I never planned on going to Jordan, but it was really amazing! Though I am still mad about paying too much!

Nonetheless it is a new life goal to see all of the places on the list. Are there any places that you think should have been included?

Probably one of the coolest places ever to see- even at 115 degrees F!

4 comments:

  1. i have 4-6. but i really think who ever made that list was on crack, because i would add a few others to that. i mean, what about the modern wonder of nyc? hellllooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the Petronus Towers in Kuala Lampur too...and about a million other things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pyramids are a much better choice than Christ the Redeemer, Brazil - not sure where that came from - never heard of it, looked it up and the pyramids are much more impressive

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lindsay - Not sure I would call NYC a wonder, but I often amazed at how many people fit on such a small island without killing each other!

    @Amanda, I had never heard of the towers, they look cool though! I did however think about petronus in the context of Harry Potter

    @Mom- really you had never seen the big statue in Rio? It's pretty famous :)

    ReplyDelete